Do you thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments working alongside diverse groups of technical experts? If so, then join Stibo DX as we embark on exciting new projects in the U.S. and abroad.
Stibo DX has been developing and delivering content management systems to major news companies for more than 30 years. Our customers include The New York Times, The McClatchy Company, Gannett, The Toronto Globe & Mail, Axel Springer Publishing, The Economist and The Times of India, along with many others. Today, our primary solution line is CUE, a multi-channel publishing system and web development platform.
CONSULTANT FOR OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TEAM
We are looking for a Technical Consultant with full-stack developer skills to join our Professional Services team in Atlanta, GA, as we work to help media companies evolve and grow. In this role, you’ll perform a wide range of tasks, including the development of custom front- and back-end code, training of clients’ development teams, troubleshooting, and more.
Stibo DX has more than 200 highly qualified, talented and creative employees worldwide engaged in software design, development, quality assurance, operations, project delivery, and support. The company is headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, and has offices in Oslo, Norway and Dhaka, Bangladesh, in addition to Atlanta.
A FOCUS ON TECHNICAL SKILLS, TEAMWORK, AND COMMUNICATION: THE ROLE AS TECHNICAL CONSULTANT AT STIBO DX
CUE is built for publishing robust content efficiently to many channels and provides a flexible API to easily integrate with third-party solutions and diverse data sources.
As a member of the team, you will participate in development projects of various sizes for customers all over the world. You will play a central role in projects, guiding clients’ teams throughout the implementation process and turning their needs into real solutions.
Since Stibo DX and our customers are geographically diverse, you must be comfortable working remotely and have a disciplined, well-organized approach. You may expect 50 days of travel or more per year.
Internally, you will work closely with other members of the Professional Services team, as well as Stibo DX’s Development department, who delivers the Stibo DX software used in all projects, and the Stibo DX Cloud Operations team, who manages our hosted environments.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field of study
- Extensive knowledge of various Java frameworks, web scripting languages, and web technologies
- (RESTful web services, GraphQL, PHP/Twig, and other related technologies)
- Familiarity with Git flow, Docker, Apache SOLR and relational databases; experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with agile software development (having worked in a Scrum-based team)
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required; fluency in Spanish, German, French and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Familiarity with the news media industry is also a plus
STIBO DX OFFERS
- A challenging job in an international company in which you will be part of a dynamic and inspiring work environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- A friendly working environment with passionate, highly skilled colleagues
- An opportunity to work with industry-leading solutions and high-profile customers
- Salary package will be commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience and education
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your resumé with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify “Technical Consultant, Atlanta” in the subject line. If you have questions, contact Stephanie Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-420-1100.