Senior Software Engineer (Hamburg)
Do you want to be part of an international company that develops and delivers editorial solutions to some of the world’s biggest media companies? Then join Stibo DX in an exciting position as a Senior Software Engineer.
About Stibo DX and the team
We empower creativity and collaboration through technology. Stibo DX develops content and digital asset management systems and digital experience platforms for media companies and brand publishers around the world which enables them to create compelling content in an efficient way. Since 1979, Stibo DX has been a leading technology partner for some of the world’s biggest media companies, including The New York Times, Gannett, Axel Springer, Funke, Times of India, and The Economist.
We are a truly international company with offices in Denmark, Bangladesh, Germany, USA, and Norway. In recent years we have made big investments in developing a digital experience platform that empowers enterprises to engage customers across their entire journey.
In Stibo DX we value our colleagues highly and trust and support each other to a great extent. The culture is open and transparent. Your daily work will include a great deal of Teamwork, but you will also experience freedom and influence in the way you work and solve your job. As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse and inclusive workplace based on care and empowerment.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Stibo DX's Support team, you will be exposed to our complete product catalog, technologies, and operational demands, including third-party software and technologies such as database systems, caching servers, monitoring and alert services, Java, HTML, GraphQL, HTTP/S as well as related network technologies, operating systems and virtualization technologies.
Stibo DX is looking for a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and stretching their capabilities. As a Senior Software Engineer in Stibo DX, you will be responsible for managing incident reports from our customers' own 2nd line support and will communicate with their skilled IT staff.
A typical day as a Senior Software Engineer at Stibo DX:
A customer will contact you with an issue and you will be responsible for researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve it. You will also be responsible for locating, creating and managing workarounds.
See what your colleagues have to say:
We primarily use the following technologies. We don’t expect you to have experience working in all of them but you will get a chance to work with the sharpest minds and newest technologies:
- Java technologies
- Linux, or other Unix-based operating system
- Experience in running and tuning databases such as MySQL
- Infrastructure & application security
- ITIL Service Operations and ITIL Service Transition
- TCP/IP, HTTP, REST
- Amazon Web Services (like EC2, Route53, RDS, S3, VPC, CDN)
- SSL/TLS, GnuPG/GPG
- Bash/Python/Perl scripting
- Experience in running and tuning application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Nginx, Varnish, Memcached
- Dynatrace monitoring
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
We expect you to have at least 3+ years of experience in software development
- A great team with the brightest minds
- Flexibility in your daily work (all colleagues have the option to work some days from home but most prefer to come in and meet with colleagues)
- Great office space
- Broadband allowance
- Great lunch, coffee and tea
- A challenging job in an international company
- Competitive salary, good pension plan, health insurance and excellent employment conditions
- An opportunity to work with leading products and high-profile customers
- Friendly and youthful working environment with highly skilled colleagues
- Benefit from using the most modern software development technologies and methodologies
- Work life balance is something we are constantly working on improving
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com. You are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience. For questions about the role, feel free to contact Erich Zangheri, Head of Global Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 451 16 893.