Senior Support Engineer
Do you want to be part of the future working in an inspiring environment that will push your skills to the limit and offer you a place to expand your knowledge? Then look no further!
Stibo DX is looking for a self-motivated Senior Support Engineer who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and stretching their capabilities. As a Senior Support Engineer in Stibo DX, you will be responsible for managing incident reports from our customers' own 2nd line support and will communicate with their skilled IT staff.
You will be responsible for researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues. You will also be responsible for locating, creating and managing workarounds.
As a Senior Support Engineer in Stibo DX's Support team, you will be exposed to our complete product catalog, technologies, and operational demands, including third-party software and technologies such as database systems, caching servers, monitoring and alert services, Java, HTML, GraphQL, HTTP/S as well as related network technologies, operating systems and virtualization technologies.
The location for this position is either in Aarhus, Denmark or Oslo, Norway.
About Stibo DX
Stibo DX develops content and digital asset management systems and digital experience platforms for media companies and brand publishers around the world. Since 1979, Stibo DX has been a leading technology partner for some of the world’s biggest media companies, including The New York Times, Gannett, Axel Springer, Times of India, and The Economist.
Our CUE publishing platform is a high-performance content management and delivery system for online, mobile, and print publishing and a powerful toolset for building modular websites for all platforms.
We offer our customers private cloud solutions as well as our cloud-based solutions built on Amazon Cloud, where we host and care for our customers 24/7. We are building automation, security, self-healing software using GitOps, while preparing for the future cloud with OpenShift.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3+ years of experience in software development
- Good understanding of Java technologies
- Experience with Docker/Containers
- Capability to work in a virtual team and communicate efficiently online
- Familiarity with Linux, or other Unix-based operating system
- Good understanding of all aspects of web technologies
- Experience in running and tuning databases such as MySQL
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Experience with infrastructure & application security
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver
- Willing to learn and adopt new technical skills
- Must be a team player in a globally distributed team
- ITIL Service Operations and ITIL Service Transition
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, REST
- Good understanding and Hands on Amazon Web Services (like EC2, Route53, RDS, S3, VPC, CDN)
- Experience with Nodejs will be a plus
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS, GnuPG/GPG
- Experience with (Bash/Python/Perl) scripting
- Experience in running and tuning application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Experience in Nginx, Varnish, Memcached
- Experience with Dynatrace monitoring will be a plus
- A challenging job in an international company
- An opportunity to work with leading products and high-profile customers
- Competitive salary and excellent employment conditions
- Friendly and youthful working environment with highly skilled colleagues
- Benefit from using the most modern software development technologies and methodologies
- Possibility to visit Stibo DX headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark as well as Stibo DX offices in Oslo and Hamburg
If you are interested, please send your CV with a cover letter (as PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24 October 2021. You are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience. Please mention “your_name applied for Support Engineer” in the subject of your e-mail. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
For questions about the role, feel free to contact Erich Zangheri, Head of Global Support, at email@example.com or +47 451 16 893.