Senior Support Engineer
Do you want to be part of an international company that develops and delivers editorial solutions to some of the world’s biggest media companies? Then join Stibo DX in an exciting position as a Senior Support Engineer.
In Stibo DX we value our colleagues highly and trust and support each other to a great extent. The culture is open and transparent. Your daily work will include a great deal of Teamwork, but you will also experience freedom and influence in the way you work and solve your job. As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse and inclusive workplace based on care and empowerment.
Stibo DX Global Support Function is looking for a self-motivated and competent colleague to help out our team of 12 colleagues supporting our customers in their development and deployments.
Stibo DX global support team is looking for a self-motivated Senior Support Engineer who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and stretching their capabilities. This is a critical role in the resolution of highly complex, technical and escalated support incidents.
The successful candidate has the drive and energy to resolve customer issues, often through collaboration with other technical experts from Stibo DX, customers own 2nd line support and skilled IT staff. This could be issues regarding incident reports, diagnose, troubleshooting and would be solved through effective customer interaction to identify solutions to resolve customer issues. You will be responsible for locating, creating and managing workarounds.
As a Senior Support Engineer in Stibo DX you will be exposed to our complete product catalogue, technologies and operational demands, including third-party software and technologies such as database systems, caching servers, monitoring and alert services, Java, HTML, GraphQL, HTTP/S and related network technologies, operating systems and virtualization technologies.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Good understanding of Java technologies and at least 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with Docker/Containers
- Capability to work in a virtual team and communicate efficiently online
- Familiarity with Linux, or other Unix-based operating system
- Good understanding of all aspects of web technologies
- Experience in running and tuning databases such as MySQL
- Experience with infrastructure & application security
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver who is willing to learn and adopt new technical skills
Desired Experience with some of below
- ITIL Service Operations and ITIL Service Transition
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, REST
- Good understanding and Hands on Amazon Web Services (like EC2, Route53, RDS, S3, VPC, CDN)
- Experience with Nodejs will be a plus
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS, GnuPG/GPG
- Experience with (Bash/Python/Perl) scripting
- Experience in running and tuning application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Experience in Nginx, Varnish, Memcached
- Experience with Dynatrace monitoring will be a plus
- A challenging job in an international company
- An opportunity to work with leading products and high-profile customers
- Competitive salary and excellent employment conditions
- Friendly environment with highly skilled colleagues
Stibo DX is a top-quality software company that plays a central role in the development of the world-class online publishing CMS named CUE. Stibo DX is a part of Stibo A/S based in Aarhus, Denmark.
We develop online publishing platforms and digital experience platforms for media and brands worldwide. Among our many customers are The New York Times, Times of India, Axel Springer in Germany, and JP/Politiken’s Hus in Denmark. Our CUE publishing platform is a high-performance content management and delivery system for online, mobile, and print publishing and a powerful toolset for building modular websites for all platforms. We constantly evolve our portfolio of products. Today our software supports writing stories in the same editor for Social Media, Websites, Digital Assets Management (DAM), Print and Digital (e-papers). CUE is the only system in the world that creates one editor for writing stories across all of these platforms.
We offer our customers private cloud solutions as well as our cloud-based solutions built on Amazon Cloud, where we host and care for our customers 24/7. We are building automation, security, self-healing software using GitOps, while preparing for the future cloud with OpenShift.
Do you want to be part of the future working in an inspiring environment that will push your skills to the limit and offer you a place to expand your knowledge? Then look no further!