Software engineer for software company serving the global media industry
You will join a hybrid team comprising several talented backend and frontend developers working from Aarhus, Dhaka, Hamburg, and Oslo. You will be in our Dhaka office, but you will also have the opportunity to work from home, as per company policy.
As a Software Engineer at Stibo DX, you will be building the next generation of our content creation and management tools together with designers, architects, and back-end developers. You'll become an integral part of our cohesive team, focusing on building the editorial and presentation layer that ensures content availability for our customers. Your role involves contributing to highly scalable and extensively extensible products, utilized by millions globally.
- A talented individual with 2-5 years of professional work experience.
- Solid understanding of server-side development using Node.js or other backend technologies.
- Experience with RESTful API design and integration.
- Experience with building GraphQL APIs for efficient data retrieval and manipulation.
- Skilled in creating cloud products and platforms using a microservices approach.
- Knowledge of modern web standards.
- Ability to write efficient, secure, and well-documented code.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially in a global and remote team environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement new features and improvements.
- Work on both frontend and backend components to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code, adhering to coding standards and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure the quality of the codebase and promote knowledge sharing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer and internal bugs in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and automated testing.
- Exposure to other programming languages (Python, Java, C#, etc.).
- Adept at shaping data structures and querying them in databases.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment.
This is what you get
- Competitive salary, excellent employment conditions, and an annual bonus.
- Friendly and youthful working environment with highly skilled colleagues.
- Benefit from using modern software development technologies and methodologies.
- Company provided breakfast, lunch, and snacks galore.
- Opportunity to explore Stibo DX’s headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark.
- Office transportation/allowance, medical insurance, and Contributory Provident Fund.
- Annual vacation leaves of 20 days, along with.
- And more...
Stepping into our offices, you will quickly experience the “family-like” vibe and international environment having colleagues from several different countries and cultures. You will get more than 200 colleagues working mainly in software development, cloud services, project implementation as well as consulting.
It’s important to us that you don’t get stuck where you are, if you want to move in a new direction, and that’s probably why people tend to stay with us for several years.
Help us empower storytellers across the globe
Stibo DX is the global leader in digital transformation for media enterprises. Our platform and services help automate complex content production and omnichannel delivery for the most ambitious and successful media across the globe. Stibo DX is a global and dynamic team of +200 employees across Aarhus, Copenhagen, Atlanta, Hamburg, Oslo, and Dhaka, where we combine creativity and innovation with the stability of a long-standing organization. Our roots go back to the Stibo Foundation with a 228-year history and rich legacy to support our future growth.
Among our customers are The New York Times, Hearst, Gannett, The Economist, A-Media, J/P Politikens Hus, Mediahuis, The Hindu, and many others. If you want to be a part of a team where individuals are valued and trust is a driver, we encourage you to apply today.
Please apply via LinkedIn and you are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications are processed as they are received until the right candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you.