Senior Technical Consultant, Hamburg
Are you passionate about IT consultancy, and are you ready to work with the world’s most well-known news & media organizations?
We are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant with excellent technical skills to join our Professional Services team in Hamburg, Germany.
As a competent and versatile consultant, you will help media companies implement state-of-the-art CMS technologies. In this role, you are part of an international professional services team. In projects, you will lead the technical aspect of implementing the platform as a headless CMS and Digital Asset Management system at large media companies and integrate it with other systems, platforms, services, and tools.
You are always close to the latest technology developments. You will assist in developing functional and technical designs, be responsible for parts of the front-end and back-end development, and give training and evaluate customer integration approaches.
The role of technical consultant
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the technical part of delivering projects of various sizes for customers all over the world.
- Identify and document gaps between requirements and IT capabilities.
- Play a central role in projects, guiding customer teams throughout the implementation, development, and integration processes.
- Configure standard solutions and ensure interfaces between systems.
- Training of clients’ development teams, troubleshooting, and more.
- Ensure the technical work is distributed with other technical consultants, so we win as a team.
- Work closely together with our CUE Custom Development team to ensure customized development, if necessary.
- Work closely together with our great colleagues all over the world throughout the implementation.
Since Stibo DX and our customers are geographically diverse, you must be comfortable working remotely and have a disciplined, well-organized approach. You should also expect that there will be travel days for customers worldwide.
Your qualifications and experience
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of various technologies, e.g., Docker, GraphQL, NodeJS, or related technologies.
- Familiarity with GIT, Apache Tomcat, Apache SOLR, and some database knowledge.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Advanced usage skills of Linux and/or other Unix-based operating systems.
- Understanding the challenges of creating scalable, high-performance web applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- A structured and organized way of working.
- You are customer-oriented in converting requirements into solutions and are strong in analysis, conceptual design, communication, and implementation.
- Understanding of agile software development principles (having worked in a scrum-based team is a plus).
- German and English fluency (writing and speaking) is a must.
About Stibo DX
Stibo DX is the No. 1 provider of digital experience and content publishing platforms, software as a service (SaaS), and services for leading media groups worldwide. In Germany, for example, Axel Springer, Handelsblatt, Focus Online, and n-tv are among its users. Other well-known media groups and brands are being added all the time.
Interest in Stibo DX solutions is also growing in other industries, such as e-commerce, retail companies, and manufacturers. CUE has unique strengths for creating content and distributing (it largely) automatically which is confirmed by international experts; hence companies seek to use the digital experience platform from Stibo DX for their digital transformation. The focus is on generating business value through customer experience - with storytelling, rich content, digital asset management, and multichannel publishing.
Stibo DX is part of the Stibo Group, a foundation with 226 years of history. The headquarters is in Aarhus, Denmark. Stibo has customers on all five continents, from global brands to regional suppliers. More than 1,000 employees work for Stibo in offices worldwide, including Oslo, Dhaka, and Atlanta. In Hamburg, around 50 employees work for Stibo in the „Tanzende Türme”.
Stibo DX offers
- A great team of more than 200 colleagues working mainly in software development, cloud services, project implementation as well as consulting.
- The stability and long-term orientation of a 226-year-old Danish Stibo foundation.
- Innovative strength with the latest technologies and methods in software development.
- A new office in the ”Tanzende Türme” with a great view over Hamburg.
- A unique, Scandinavian-influenced corporate culture with freedom and perspectives for personal development.
- A new motivating team spirit every day in the Hamburg office, with colleagues at the headquarters in Aarhus (Denmark), in Oslo, Atlanta, Dhaka, and other Stibo offices worldwide.
- Creative freedom to (further) develop the best technical solutions together with customers.
- Implementation of SaaS solutions.
- Continuous integrations with new digital platforms and services.
- The leading content publishing platform in the media space - a headless CMS with everything that makes a modern tech stack such as microservices architecture, GraphQL, Docker, web components, powerful interfaces, and extreme scalability in backend and frontend for global brands.
- Mentoring and development prospects in a dynamically growing company.
If you have any questions, please contact Torsten Behn, Head of Project, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 163 6159 732.